Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trashy Tuesday

GLEE

Finally Glee is worth talking about again! Extended too! Some people (like my hubby) still find breaking into random song strange, but to any former chorus nerd or theater freak, your brain happens in random song or weird thoughts right?

The Prom King and Queen war is on and its everyone vs everyone!! Quinn and Finn are the supposed "top runners" with everyone else wanting to beat them. Santana teams up with Bully Mike in a fake relationship to hide that they are both gay. Mike "apologizes" to the glee club and Kurt, and it leads to Kurts return! I think its great Kurt is back in the glee club! Lauren and Puck are in the race as well. Laurent digs up some dirt about Quinn. Her real name is Lucy, Quinn is her middle name. She apparently transfered schools when she went through some big changes. She was fat, got a nose job, pimples....blah, blah....Lauren posted pictures of how she looked and her old nickname "Lucy Caboosey"  Quinn ends up being more liked because of it!

Emma is now single, Will is trying to help her through her OCD issues. Emma finally goes to a shrink and gets some meds! She joins the club for the  "shirt" unveiling. They all wrote on their shirts something they dont like about themselves, dance to Lady Gaga " I was born this way"

All in all, it was a good episode. Another teaching kids its okay to be who you are, and be proud of things that make you you! So in honor of that thought here are some things that make me, me, that I used to get made fun of for!!
1. My Hair! I love my hair now but when I was younger, I had NO idea what to do with this curly mop! I had an afro for many years! So, now that our daughter is blessed with the curly tresses, I will teach her to own that hair!!
2. My Weight! I think every woman struggles with this. Too skinny ( I once was) and too fat...ugh really? I am me, size 18 and all! There, I told you what my size was, it was higher at one time, its going down which I am proud of, but I love me most days!!

So, there ya have it! What are you willing to own up to? What would be on your shirt? Mine would say "Brillo Hair" yup, that was what I was called!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment