Monday, April 25, 2011

Make My Meal Monday

Vegetarian Steamed Dumplings

I just got a cool electric steamer and LOVE steamed dumplings from my local chinese place. I was thinking it would be an easy recipe to make vegetarian style since the meat is always a mystery to me anyways!
For this recipe you need:
1/2 lb ground tofu
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped lettuce
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 egg
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
Salt
pepper
Won ton wrappers

Mix all the ingredients together (minus the wrappers obviously)











Put a tsp of mixture in each won ton wrapper












Smoosh (yes thats my term for it) the tops together to create the won ton.

Spray steamer pan with non stick spray ( important. I didnt do this, and I'll show you what happened)

Place wontons not touching in steamer. Steam for 10-15 minutes.

If you didnt spray your pan here's what happens  :(











Dont worry I saved a few! Here's how they turned out!











All together, pretty easy, the moral of the story, spray that pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment