Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun Friday

Monkey and I are here visiting my parents in Jacksonville, so today we went and found a park. I know, fun friday? But truly it was simple, plain fun! This park was well designed on the water with a great little river run in it. We played on the great equipment, she went swinging, and played in the little amphitheater they had there. They had a nice long dock that went our pretty far. It over looked the St. Johns River and there were some nice older folks out there fishing. We walked all the way out, counted the boats, and watched the water. Then, the highlight for at least me, was seeing a manatee! It's been a really long time since I've seen one out in nature. I usually see them at Seaworld! Caitlin loved watching it pop up and take its breaths! It was really cool! I'd forgotten how big they seem!

Sometimes its the simple times that make me happy! Its so amazing to see our now 2 year old kiddo bring joy to others! Even if its just a simple interaction, like watching them fish and saying hi, I love how social she is! I can say for sure she got that from me! Mike is more introverted and a people watcher most of the time. Me, I like to talk! Can ya tell? Anywhos, remember to get out there and enjoy nature and your kiddos! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment