Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Came home from work today to find a spotless sink, only bottles that had been used and all the dishes put away. So thankful for a great sitter who loves on my kids and cleans a little!! Such a pleasant surprise!
Monday, September 10, 2012
Make My Meal Monday
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondie's
(yup,all that, in one cookie bar)
I was browsing pinterest after the hubs normal question "What's for Dessert?" or " Got anything sweet?" I came across this recipe at The Sweetest Kitchen. Decided to try it out,and Wowza!!! They are so tasty!
You can head to the site above to grab the recipe, I followed it to the T and they are great!!!
Friday, September 7, 2012
We didn't do tons this week, but we had fun! Just recently a kids place opened up in Davenport called Banana Jacks. It's close, new (read clean) and cheap, so some playgroup friends and I went to check it out! Here's some pictures
|cool playground area|
|She LOVED this|
|This is pretty much the whole place! It was nice and small!|
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Tasty, moist, spicy, oh so yummy
Jalapeno Popper Chicken!
I love all things jalapeno popper..dip, the actual poppers so I saw a recipe online and tweaked to make it what we like! Hope you enjoy! This got the man seal of approval!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (One per person)
1 block of cream cheese, softened to room temp
2-3 fresh jalapenos(more if you like spicier, less if you don't!
1 cup of panko bread crumbs (more if you have more chicken)
2 Tbsp Taco seasoning or Fajita seasoning
Skewers or toothpicks to secure them
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice, seed and chop Jalapenos. I used my food processor. These buggers are spicy, so be sure not to touch your face, kids face, etc until you wash your hands.
3. Mix Jalapenos in with cream cheese in a small bowl. Set Aside.
4. Beat chicken flat. Awesome part to get out some frustrations!! (I wrap mine in plastic wrap or a bag so juice doesn't fly everywhere!)
5. Mix bread crumbs up, bread both sides of the chicken. Some people like to dip the chicken in something first, I'm lazy and think one more pan to wash, so I don't, but feel free!
6. Put as much as will fit cream cheese mixture on one end of chicken breast.
7. Roll them up and secure with skewer or toothpicks!
8. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. You'll want to check the chicken where it was rolled as temps may vary! Play with cute kiddo while cleaning up :)
That's it! Serve with rice. I had leftover cream cheese mixture so I added that to the rice and it was OH so yummy! Hubby agreed and wished there was more for his rice!! Hope you enjoy the easy recipe!