Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

So I visited Mama Kat's Writers Workshop for a fun prompt to spice up the day. 
If Social Media died tomorrow, describe another hobby you might get into.

First off, if Facebook wasn't here, I might go nuts! I talk to grown ups and feel like I have some semblance of a life. That being said, I spend WAY to much time online!!! So thinking about not having it, might send me into an anxiety attack, but its worth a thought! What in the world what I do????????

Some Ideas:
  • Beg Mike to buy me a nice SLR camera and get back in to photography.....probably wouldnt ever make any money doing it, but worth a try.
  • Learn how to bake, gasp, without a Box mix!! I suck at it. Im trying be brave and just do it sometimes but its scary, and then I feel like a failure blah blah blah
  • Get Disney Season passes, and visit a park when bored.

Hmm , maybe I should be spending less time on Facebook and doing more. But then how would a mostly SAHM get interaction with adults?? 


9 comments:

  1. Love me some FB, too :) Though the SLR camera idea sounds fantastic. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started dabbling in photography...my pics aren't great, but I enjoy it...
    and have you ever been to allrecipes.com? they have great stuff, all levels of difficulty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love baking from a box. I haven't had success with scratch baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally addicted! Seriously, I think I need a 12 step program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Disney plan sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grab the camera and head to Disney! Then brag about how awesome you are on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking is great fun, once you crack one recipe you'll do fine! Try a simple sponge recipe first, that's how I started :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw - a season pass to Disney would for sure keep me away from Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Disney pass but will be avoiding the parks during this hot weather. I might venture there with others or if family wants to go but not just for something to do right now. Can't do the heat!! I do like Minivan Mama's idea though!!!

    ReplyDelete