Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday 2/11/11

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller


LOVE THIS!! This week my house has been a disaster so I tried to get some last minute cleaning done before my brother and sister in law came into town and it was like a train wreck!!! I needed to mop the floors so I made the dumb choice of doing it while she was awake and now I have little monkey feet trailing all over the floor, so I left it! I said forget it! If I was dumb enough to do it when she was awake, then its my fault its that way! Alot of my friends struggle with keeping a clean house but honestly, is it worth it??? I clean only to have her mess it all up 5 minutes later? Mike loves a clean house and I try but really? I would rather enjoy a few quiet minutes blogging or facebooking or anything other than cleaning!!! So the struggle continues!!!

1 comment:

  1. I "try" to have the home sort of picked up & kids looking somewhat presentable when Daddy walks in the door, but really he understands the tornado called our toddler who destroys, eats or shreds whatever she gets a hold of. I am thankful he gets it! They will grow out of this soon and we teach them to clean up themselves as they go... hey if my kids are fed, schooled and playing, having a great time I say let the house be messy ... so be it! :)

    ReplyDelete