Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Some days, Life Sucks!


Some days suck. There I said it. I am usually the eternal optimist but days like today make me feel defeated. What makes it worse is I can't fix most of it. I am a fixer by nature.I hate when things aren't right emotionally, physically or however else they could be wrong. I like helping people, other people and often just pretend I'm fine. Why? Because I hate feeling like that. I hate feeling out of control of my own emotions, situation or home. It's easier for me to drudge on then to feel sorry for myself or even worse have other feel that way for me! See right now I'm thinking crap, I shouldn't write about my feelings because someone might read it! Oh well, to be a mom and a wife, sometimes you have to say/do things that make you umcomfy. 

So instead of wallowing, here's what I'm thankful for as a reminder of why its okay if one day sucks here and there.

1.  I am thankful for my kids. No matter how much they (ahem, Caitlin) drives me batty somedays, I know God put them in my life for a reason. No one else would be a better parent for them, no one could love them like I do, even when I lose it.

2. I am thankful for my husband. He's the opposite of me. Im talkative, a worrier, a bit of a flighty person. Mike is steady, quiet, calm. Yes, sometimes that in itself drives me crazy, but he is my center. When all else is going crazy,  I know he's there.

3. I am thankful for my family. The other folks that understand me. My daily phone call to my mom, my morning car ride with my sister, my weekly Aldi trip with the other, just knowing they are here is peaceful.

4. I am thankful for friends. As an adult and a mom, friendships change greatly. I have lots who I am friendly with, but few I call my close friends. They know who they are. No matter how ugly I sound, they still love me, understand me and restore my hope. 

5. I am thankful for laughter. When all else is a mess, laughter is my cure. Simple giggles from Carson, belly laughs from Caitlin, soft snicker from Mike and tear educing laughter from my friends heal and soothe my soul. 

That's what  I'm thankful for today. Now I will reread this over and over today to remind myself that its okay when  life sucks, because of all those beautiful gifts.

1 comment:

  1. love that! amen to those sucky days, great reminder :)

    ReplyDelete