Monday, August 6, 2012

Make My Meal Monday : Taquitos

Make My Meal Monday:

Taquitos


Way back in my college days I loved taquitos. I probably lived off of those, pancakes and mashed potatoes as thats all I knew how to cook and loved! I still love taquitos but I like them cooked the way I like them, not in some bag! Here's my recipe for taquitos. The great thing about this recipe, it make enough for 20 taquitos. I freeze them and use them one at a time. For today's pictures I only did a half recipe, fyi!

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts shredded
3 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 c green salsa (aka salsa verde)- if you dont like spicy, use less of this!
1 can rotel style tomatoes and green chilis
1 can black beans
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 of an onion diced finely
1 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning

Combine cream cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes, and cheese into a large bowl. 


Add Shredded Chicken.

Stop, entertain child #2.


Add Fajita Seasoning, Mix all together.


Stop, check on child #1, make sure she's not coloring on walls.


Spoon mixture into tortilla on the edge only,roll tightly and place in pan.


I froze 1/2 of the taquitos I made today(Since I only did a half recipe of the above).  These are great freezer meals, snacks, lunches so I normally make the whole recipe but freeze individually. To do that, lay them on cookie sheets not touching until they are frozen, then bag them together into a  gallon ziplock bag. 



Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and enjoy! I usually serve with Sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment