Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday



.
 Support Group Needed




So lately Ive been wondering why I feel like Im going crazy. I am sure other people feel this way often. I feel like I am living with a  bi polar person. One minute she’s happy, the next minute shes crying on the floor. I’ve heard insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, so by that definition, my toddler is insane.  I totally understand that its normal and blah blah blah but seriously it sucks. So I’ve compiled a list of ways to be sure your toddler is having a tantrum.
1.       If people stare at you and wonder why you are a bad parent in public, your toddler might be having a tantrum.
2.       If you feel like calling a priest to exorcise the demon out of your toddler, they might be having a tantrum.
3.       If you partner lovingly tells you “Maybe you should take her outside”  to which you reply “Maybe you should go outside”, your toddler might be having a tantrum
4.       If you’ve thought about duct tape, your toddler might be having a tantrum.
5.       If you think I can’t open the fridge because they will want THAT (to which the cant show you want THAT is!), your toddler might be having a tantrum.
6.       If you have to hide your box of tampons because they think you need to open them and find candy, your toddler might be having a tantrum.
7.       If drinking at 11 am sounds like a viable option, your toddler might be having a tantrum.
8.       If you think your mom’s group is much like AA but could be named TTA (toddler tantrum anonymous), your toddler might be having a tantrum.
9.       If you have one tv constantly on some child related program, your toddler might be having a tantrum.
10.   If you have to write a blog about this and pray for your own sanity, your toddler IS having a tantrum.

I know this seems silly, but without other moms who are going through the same thing, I would be in a straight jacket. So how do I handle these tantrums? I have one myself! Nah, that’s what my blog is for, that’s what my job is for! I need me time! I spent an hour last week getting a pedicure, which I am still going back to my happy place when I think of that.  If you are  a mom of a toddler, make sure you find time for yourself and find a moms group that supports you!!!

1 comment:

  1. nothing wrong with drinking at 11 am...that's what mimosas and screwdrivers are for...
    I may or may not be joking

    ReplyDelete