Monday, May 16, 2011

Make My Meal Monday







Rotel Chicken

So, today I didnt feel like cooking anything complicated. I wanted to just skip cooking...but I already had chicken defrosted and needing to be cooked, so this is what came of it! I looked in my pantry for inspiration and found these :
Here's the simple recipe I came up with ( I am sure I am not the first to think, oh, Rotel would taste good on my chicken)

1 lb defrosted/fresh Chicken breasts
2 cans of Rotel(choose mild, original or hot, in that order of spiciness depending on your like)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
 Thats it! so here's the steps!

Preheat oven to 375.

Put chicken in baking dish. Open and pour rotel cans right on top.
Coat chicken with the tomato mixture.









Cover in foil.
Bake covered for about 30 minutes (this is depending on how thick your chicken is, but figure out what 10-15 minutes till done is)
Uncover, then cover the chicken with the cheese.
Bake 10-15 more minutes until chicken is completely done!
Thats it!








I served mine with rice and cornbread. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment: