Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Make My Meal Monday


Homemade Chicken Nuggets
Whole wheat pasta 
Corn on the cob!

So its Tuesday morning.. I know,It's late. I sat here forever last night trying to think what meal to blog about when I only made home made chicken nuggets for dinner and onion chicken breasts for mike and I. But then DUH, we all could make nuggets at home! Basically, I made a batch of nuggets so I could freeze some for quick lunches, or throw them into a lunchbox when we go out!

Here's all I did:
1 cup of cereal ( I used cornflake style) crushed into crumbs
1/2 cup plain yogurt (you can use milk too)
 Optional: Shredded carrots you process in food processor and mix into bread crumbs

1 chicken breast(or more if you want)

Preheat Oven to 350.
Coat chicken in yogurt. Then coat in crumbs. Put on baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Cool, then place portion sizes in to baggies and freeze. When ready to use, micro for 30 seconds or warm in 200 degree oven for 5-10 minutes!

WAY healthier than store bought and will cook in the same time. No processed chicken here!
Caitlin's dinner was a big hit with her last night, I gave her some organic ketchup to dip her chicken in too!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea on the nuggets, thanks for sharing. I am going to make a big batch today and freeze them. :-)

    ReplyDelete